Monday, May 01, 2006

i'm alive

peace family,

how's life treating ya? how do you feel, right now? take a snapshot of your mood in this very moment.

if you're curious about me and my current state, then let me tell you, i'm absolutely phenomenal!! i'm swinging on the vines of life, blushing. what's got me so excited?? well, beautiful people, let me share this with you. i woke up this morning AND i can see, hear, taste, smell, think clearly, speak intelligently, walk with my legs, touch with each one of my fingertips, breathe on my own, and that's just the foundation of my excitement.

i'm also super-charged about...

1. laughing and smiling A LOT. even when it seems there is no reason behind it (well, not one that u can see with your naked eye, anyway).

2. dancing and singing to the music that lives in my head - anytime and anywhere the mood strikes me - in the street, a store, an elevator, the train, my car, irregardless of the strangers that may take witness. i just smile and continue to soak up my freedom. (no mp3 player or i-pod required)

3. telling and showing my family and friends how much i love them. how else will they ever know? everyone needs love. love is the answer to most of the problems facing this world today. if i could only put my love in a pill and make people take them (for free).

4. embracing nature's beauty. i like taking time out to appreciate life that often goes by unnoticed, like touching the bark of a living tree and being one with its energy. trees are so wonderful. even though humans chop them down, they still want to give us oxygen, just so we can breathe. showing us unconditional love. when was the last time you touched one and gave your respect?

5. allowing my mind to wander as i pay attention to the nightly face-change of the moon and surrounding clouds (if any exist). the night sky is amazing. i like to be reminded that we live on an extremely small ball that spins in a gigantic universe. so how big can our "issues" really be?

6. zoning out while viewing waves tip-toe or crash in on the lakefront. isn't it something how the moon aids the motion of the tides? i absolutely love water and this universe!!!

in a nutshell, life is great. i'm alive. i can't complain. i'd rather be thankful for the greatness i experience while living my life on this planet. sometimes we focus on what we don't have and completely lose sight of the gifts we possess. the reality is...none of our moments should be taken for granted, because not one second is promised.

so again i ask, how are you? how's life treating ya?


hug often. love everyday. respect the earth. respect yourself.

peace, love and balance!

16 Comments:

At May 01, 2006 3:29 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

i'm gonna check on you again tomorrow and every day after that...'cause you just boosted my spirits yo...:-)

 
At May 01, 2006 3:33 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

I love how you find the positivity in life throughout your blog...I share some of the same actions of delight you mentioned.

peace, love and balance!

Waddie G.

 
At May 01, 2006 11:22 PM, Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Great Post!
Its always wonderful to be reminded of this!So very True!
Thanks!

 
At May 03, 2006 9:11 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Very true! You are completely correct - we have SO much to be thankful for. Even in my case, with neck surgery 5 mos. ago and physical therapy now! After all, how many of our ancestors would've had that luxury? They would've dealt with pain and other problems until the pain drove them insane or crippled them beyond functioning. We are blessed.

 
At May 03, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger x said...

you really are an oasis then :)

 
At May 03, 2006 7:07 PM, Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Damn you and your sunny disposition!
Thanks for rubbing off on me. :)

 
At May 04, 2006 6:58 AM, Blogger Ladynay said...

This post made me happy! Thanks for reminding me of the simple things!

 
At May 06, 2006 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your psot.

 
At May 06, 2006 11:02 PM, Blogger muffins gone WILD! said...

life is GREAT but...i have a CLOSE friend that does nothing but bitch and complain about his situation and i feel like he's bringing me down! now i wouldn't just abandon him or cut him off because of his negative energy... i try to help but he gets even more pissed and takes everything out on ME! and I'M the only person helping him out!!!! i don't get it! sorry to vent on your blog maybe i just need to go back to my blog and have a bitchin' session...

 
At May 07, 2006 3:18 PM, Blogger E said...

Wow...that mood of yours is contagious. I'm feeling great just about now.

 
At May 08, 2006 9:45 AM, Blogger divine oasis said...

@ muffin - maintain your positive outlook and your friend should be motivated to join the club. if not, then express how his negativity is affecting you and remind him that he is alive and some individuals didn't have the pleasure of waking up this morning.

btw,
i applaud your desire to see your friend thru these tough times. feel free to vent here anytime you got heavy mental. my abyss is here to replenish you.

peace, love and balance!

 
At May 08, 2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Tai said...

Hey, you and I must be on the same program...'cus I've "Got the world on a string, sitting on a rainbow!"

It's grand isn't it...don't you wish everyone got to tast this?

Cheers to you!

 
At May 08, 2006 6:40 PM, Blogger ? said...

peace!

 
At May 10, 2006 8:19 AM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

it's been ten days and nothing new to post?

 
At May 11, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger ? said...

do you love jazz?

if you do, check out additional ayetoro samples: 2 (oga and pepple street blues)additional samples added

 
At May 11, 2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Clay said...

very uplifting post - keep that good energy flowing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home