Monday, April 03, 2006

groovin'

peace family,

i went to the ice bar for the first time on saturday night. i did my regular intro routine - got a drink and made my way to the dance floor. to me, going out is all about the dancing. there is a certain type of freedom that comes with shaking your groove thang to some delicious music. hips gyrate, the soul is lifted, your heart is light, and its all about the feeling you possess at that moment. humbling yourself to that invisible force that makes your spine move. the dance floor was located between the bar and a roped off area with couches and tables, where the special people sat (lol, i'll touch down on this topic momentarily). with my glass in hand, i couldn't help but notice that there was no one else on the dance floor. i've been known to exaggerate from time to time, but i mean, literally, NO ONE was on the floor. it was perfect!! there is nothing like an empty floor for me to work it on. yes, all eyes were on me. i was in a zone, commanding everyone's attention and loving every second of it. i like the night life, i like to boogie.

after a while, i step to the ladies room & check myself. i'm still fly, so i work my way back to the foundation of my livelihood...the liberating dance floor. on the way, this extremely tall man bumps into me, damn near trampling me over. i jokingly throw both my hands up, smiling, while my eyes were screaming "pardon me, mr. man-in-a-hurry, i'm only 5' even, please look out for the little people." just then, i realized that this man-in-a-hurry was michael jordan, wearing an all white waffle print jordan sweatshirt, tucked inside his stonewashed jeans (that were pulled up way too high, i feel), rocking a black belt and a black kango hat tilted to the back. he threw me a smile and proceeded to the front VIP section.

so there was jordan, sitting in VIP, smoking his cigar, texting the hell out of someone. during his text-breaks, i would see him watch me as i danced. and as if he could help it. i mean, not only was i doing the damn thang on the floor, i was the only one on it for a LONG time. i can't trip though, my girl did come and join me after a while. jordan found us humorous as we did old school dances. eventually, the other people shook off their shyness and started dancing. i was ready for the company too, i do enjoy the party feel. you know, where there's more than 2 people on the floor. periodically, i'd look up and jordan'd be smiling at me. using slang body language, i reminded him that he was "throwing them bows" at me earlier. he understood my message, and laughed. it was nice to see him out in public, though. i kept thinking, damn, this man has the capabilities of getting me completely out of debt. and it'd wouldn't leave not one dent in his finances. ah, the possibilites. i did, however, pride myself on not being a groupie. it was interesting to see the amount of chicks and men that were gawking at him as if he gave birth to them. this world is definitely a trip. ya just never know who you're going to run into on a saturday night in chicago. in my eyes, though, everyone's the same. i don't honor hierachy systems.

which brings me to the topic of the VIP section. what is this area all about? a bunch of over-the-top cats, drinking their champaign and other high priced beverages, with model chicks sitting pretty, no one is dancing, everybody's posing without any cameras around, and all of this exciting stuff is happening behind velvet ropes. who are these people? the watchers of the party? feeling special b/c they're seperated from the peasants. it made me ponder, can a velvet rope really seperate anyone seeking to enter this forbidden area? i mean, if anyone was really that interested and denied admittance, i'm sure they can take out that one muscle bound shorty in the way too tight t-shirt guarding the ropes and step right over. right?? it just doesn't seem like proper security for these very important people. i'm surprised they weren't sitting behind a glass wall with holes strategically placed so that they can still breath and watch. c'mon, is it really that serious? and this place had 2 VIP sections. as if one wasn't enough. some of the boston celtic team were holding down the one located by the bathrooms, and jordan rocked the one in the front. during the night, i was invited to both of the VIP sections (and of course i was, not only was i sexy, i owned the dance floor). each time i got invited, i stepped inside only to retrieve a drink from the restricted area and immediately stepped back out to shake my groove thang with the common folk. i'm a simple woman, ya know.

peace love and respect

2 Comments:

At April 03, 2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Tai said...

Sounds like a whole lot of fun to me!

 
At April 03, 2006 4:02 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

you f*ckin' seductress...I love you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home