Wednesday, March 15, 2006

my prototype

i used to love a man. then i realized that it was never love. i idolized him. he was my prototype. he made my heart ache. i sat back patiently waiting. debating if i should just leave it alone. leave him alone and clear my mental home. yet he possessed me. he could do no wrong. i'd call he'd answer only when it was convienient. i used to stay anxious feigning for his voice to end the ringing. panting like an animal thirsty for love. lonely with the feathers of a dove winking. i was content with my demented thinking. emotionally done. remained positive that he was the one. heart burned like fire whenever his name slipped off the base my tongue. sprung like tulips in june i was doomed to an eternal hunger. i assumed he had to feel the same. had feel my pain, yearn for my name and the fire that burns deep within me. desire me, as he was the light that used to cleanse me - he went dim and became the very dream that woke me. broke me free. free from the disease that had me twisted in his sick melody. kisses draped in infinity. i spent years bathing within his invisible passion expressed by a fine mist. i now exist alone without his tongue with a twist. dissed by the object of my affection. reflecting on how i missed my chance to dance with his intoxicating presence. didn't grab him when he desired my essence. i was distracted by other men. looking for greener grass. moments have passed and introspection has taught me to mourn and move on. i was the next one to survive the loveless storm.

11 Comments:

At March 15, 2006 1:20 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

peace, love...

I really love this...I can say how poetic you are with your description of a love that never was...

 
At March 15, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

wooooow is all i can say.

i don't think i could even express my feelings about a "successful" relationship that well.

 
At March 15, 2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Ladynay said...

Saw you around my side of the net, thought I stop by yours! :-)

I understand your post as well, I shall return.

 
At March 15, 2006 4:22 PM, Blogger MZPEACH said...

Beautiful. I can definitely relate. Can't wait to read more.

 
At March 15, 2006 4:48 PM, Blogger  Morisset said...

powerful and passionate. But why'd you give up so much of your "power" to a man?

 
At March 16, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger divine oasis said...

peace ocean,

actually i never planned on giving up any power. i had a magical connection with this man and completely took it for granted. after hurting him, i had this burning desire to make things right with us. unfortunately, it was too late. like it said, it was my turn to survive the storm. i now can close this chapter of my life and start anew. what can i say? i'm a human with emotions. energy in motion.

peace love an balance.

 
At March 16, 2006 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me a damn break.
Girl, he aint shit let him go!!!

 
At March 17, 2006 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He ain't the one being "distracted" f'ers!

 
At March 20, 2006 11:32 AM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

how do you know, Mr. Anonymous?

Could you please enlighten us?

 
At March 31, 2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Sandi K said...

Wow. Wow.

I could not have said this better. You have a beautiful style.

 
At April 18, 2006 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting Blog. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Pat
Chattanooga TN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home