Sunday, July 30, 2006

bye bye LA LA

Yeah let me flip this shit. It’s like the world has turned itself inside out. Or is it me that flipping inside out? Someone else has taken over my body. I’m so numb to the lack of support from people I thought was on the same team as me. I turned 30 and gained a whole new perspective on this thang we call life. One moment, one situation, one incident, one conversation, one look, one action, one unspoken word, one thing can change it all. Your perspective. Damn, I never thought I would be dancing in the rain. Yet, I am. They say when it rain it pours. This running faucet of water is pouring on my locks and drenching my spirit. Cleansing me of the la la shit I’ve been on my whole life. You know, LA LA. Thinking the world is a warm and welcoming place. By the world, I don’t mean nature, because that’s where I find my balance. By world I mean the people in it. People are so full of hogwash. Yet I used to look thru my LA LA glasses and see smiles on the faces of people I know, I would feel comfort in knowing them, they would smile, I would smile back and be happy and comfortable in my la la place. Truth is, the LA LA glasses have been removed and I can clearly see that people truly don’t give a fuck. So what did I get for my 30th birthday? Thick skin. That was my born day present to myself. Thick, u can’t penetrate, u can’t get thru, u can’t affect, u can’t disappoint, thick brown skin. I’ll use the melanin that’s dancing beneath my surface of my thick skin as fuel to push thru the hogwash and get to the real. My pact to myself, tonight, this morning at 2:37 am on Sunday, July 30, 2006 is I’m a seeker of the REAL. Hogwash is no longer allowed within the walls of my temple. Mental, physical or otherwise.

Favorite line from underworld evolution:
“why would I listen to your lies, when the path to the truth is so much sweeter?”

7 Comments:

At July 30, 2006 6:18 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

La-La glasses are sometimes needed because the world came be such a harsh place sometimes....

The tone of this though....
Sleep on it and I hope things get better.

 
At July 31, 2006 11:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated birth-day. It only get better from here on. There is something calming in getting older. You come to know the bull shit and dont let it get to you.

 
At August 01, 2006 1:56 PM, Blogger ILLstate said...

f-ck em all and the easy ones twice

 
At August 02, 2006 8:29 AM, Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

damn I've got to copy this and put it on my fridge.

 
At August 04, 2006 11:32 PM, Blogger Tai said...

Well thick skin is important...but LALA takes us past the stuff that the thick skin can't even comprehend.

 
At August 09, 2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Elle Jefe said...

unfortunately we all figure out this ish sooner or later. I broke my la-la glasses a while back, but i recently got a new pair, because i couldn;t handle the mess.

 
At August 24, 2006 7:39 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

happy belated birthday! You'll be saddened by my blog today; a Sumatran tiger was killed in our zoo. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home